Bag ties: Bag ties are used as a closure to secure the content or highlight your bags. It is also known as 'Twist ties'. Ties have an easy bending wire core, and are coated in either plastic or paper.
Sealers: A heat sealer is a machine used to seal product packaging using heat. Sealers are used to seal your product in tubing or make your exact size bag. It is usually referred as 'Heat Sealers'
Select a Bag Sealer of your need
Bag sealers help to make bag sealing faster. Bag sealers are classified according to the technology used to make them. Modern bag sealers are sophisticated gadgets that are much different from the manual bag sealers used several decades back. The material used to make bags has also undergone a sea change. Likewise we have a wide product range of bag sealers to choose from. Selection of a Bag sealers must be done only after a thorough analysis of the entire present requirements and the future needs that may arise.
Decades back, only cloth bags were in wide use around the world. Then the use of bags made from jute and other eco-friendly products became widespread. Fast technological progress replaced manual bag sealing and now small bag sealing machines are available for sealing cloth bags, jute and even gunny bags. The use of these machines made bag sealing quicker and more efficient. While manual sealing is time consuming, error prone and labour intensive, bag-sealing machines gave better output with less labour.
Types of bag sealers
Bag sealers of different type and make are now available to seal bags made from a wide range of materials. Industries can choose manual, semi-automatic or even automatic Bag sealers according to the type of bag materials used for packing the various products. There are bag-sealing machines that even seal the bags and do the labelling simultaneously.
A wide range of bag sealers is available for sealing plastic bags. Today no modern food processing industry can afford to do away with the bag sealer. Processed foods need to be preserved for long periods and transported to huge distances across the globe. Food preservation through refrigeration and freezing is costly. A processed food item may reach the hands of the customer only after several months or even years. Such processed foods need to be preserved from air and water contamination and also from decaying bacteria and fungi. Thus carbon dioxide gas was filled in the plastic bags along with the processed food products to protect them from decaying bacteria and fungi and also to improve their shelf life. For packing fried food items for a long time and to keep them crisp nitrogen gas was used. Plastic bags filled with carbon dioxide or nitrogen gas needed airtight packing, so that the processed foods will not be contaminated. Not only that, the sealing must be strong and durable. The technology employed has advanced to such an extent that today even vacuum packing and sealing is possible.
Small and medium industries needed small manually operated bag sealers. But the needs of heavy industries are different. Large factories producing sugar, animal feeds, plant fertilizers and even cement weigh and pack the produce in an assembly line and the Bag sealers simultaneously seals and labels them. Such huge industries use big bag sealers. They come in different models and the industry mostly prefers the automated ones. Simultaneous sealing and labelling is a recent innovation. Such bag sealers were earlier electronically controlled. But now even computerized Bag sealers are available. This ensured better output from the bag sealers and the labelling and numbering became error free.
Materials used in bag sealing
In age-old times small cloth pieces or even jute threads were used for tying the mouth of a cloth or jute bag. Nowadays even the cloth and jute bags are sealed perfectly using nylon or cotton threads which are so thin but strong. For example, in a sugar factory, sugar is packed in large jute bags and the bag sealer uses either nylon or cotton threads to seal the bags. The sealing process is very similar to the working of a sewing machine. But the methods used for sealing plastic and paper bags are different.
Till a few decades ago cement was packed in plastic bags. The disposal of the plastic bags became a problem. So high quality strong paper bags were introduced for packing cement. Here again, the need for the bag sealer to seal these cement paper bags became a necessity. Paper bags cannot be sealed using the methods adopted for sealing jute and cloth bags. Cement of a particular quantity is weighed and filled in the paper bags. The bags are closed automatically and the bag sealer simultaneously applies the quick setting glue and a drier is used to dry the glue immediately.
- Impulse: Impulse heat bag sealers are very popular. Impulse heat sealers use a stationary heated element. An Impulse sealer is a system, usually found on a "Bottom weld" machine. This type of machine uses two sealing elements, an upper and lower which fuse the material from both sides at the same time. The purpose of "Impulse sealing" is to improve the bounding of the two layers of film. This gives a faster and better seal for thicker or hard to seal material. Ideal for small to medium scale use. Heat sealing can be adopted for sealing plastic and polythene bags. Impulse sealers come in different models and with added accessories. Some of them even have electronic controls that can be used to adjust the heat required to seal bags made from particular materials. The use of electronic circuits helps to ensure long life and keep operating costs to the minimum. The hand-operated model is enough for small home industries but the foot pedal operated model helps to make bag sealing faster. The foot pedal operated model frees both hands to manage both the package and the product. The automatic Bag sealers have options that help to control the sealing time and the sealing interval. Such models are mainly used in industries with a wide range of products and very high production.
- Continuous: Continuous heat sealers utilize heated moving belts. Ideal for large volume use.
Faster bag sealing is possible through double element sealers. They have heating elements on both the upper and lower jaws and it is the preferred model for sealing thick polyethylene and even polypropylene bags. Bag sealers with cutters will make bag sealing faster and easier. A buyer needs to make a list of the various types of bags he is using at present and the number of bags that must be sealed in an hour. Then he should zero in on a particular product. If the number of bags to be sealed are less, manual hand operated bag sealers will be enough but if more work needs to be done in less time, then the use of semi-automatic or even automatic Bag sealers will become inevitable.Reference: http://www.yourdictionary.com/business_profile/debt/bags/bag-sealers.html
Industry Served by Bag Ties and Heat Sealers
- Food packaging
- Consumer packaging
Options in Bag ties
- Rolled on Spools
Types of Heat Sealers
- Impulse Polythene/Polypropylene heat sealer: Simple to use. Place poly bag between seal bars, press down gently and release.
- Impulse heat sealer with cutter: Seal and trim poly tubing in one step. Press gently to seal and slide cutter across tubing to make exact bag size.
- Foot operated heat sealer: Ideal for high-volume poly bag sealing. Variable timer control lets you seal all types of plastic films up to 24" wide and 16 mil total thickness. For use with polyethylene and metallic bags.
- Food operated heat sealer with cutter: Ideal for high-volume poly tubing and bag sealing. Built-in cutter. Variable timer control lets you seal all types of plastic films up to 24" wide and 16 mil total thickness. Seals and trims poly tubing in one step.
- Vacuum heat sealer - ideal to create air tight seal for vacuum bag, air shield bag or metallised bag
- Polypropylene Hand heat sealer - A crimped seal for polypropylene and foil bags.
- Extra long table top impulse heat sealer with cutter: Extra long foot sealer for sealing bags up to 30" wide. For use with polyethylene and metallic bags. Seal and trim larger bags and poly tubing in one step. Gently press to seal, then slide cutter across tubing to create a perfect sized bag.
- Neck sealer: Neck Sealer' is designed to seal bag neck and commonly used in supermarkets and bakery/sweet shops.
Buy Common Bag ties and Heat Sealers
- Paper and Plastic bag ties
- Plastic bag clips
- Polythene Impulse Heat Sealers
- Polypropylene Sealer
- Neck Sealer
- Shrinking kits and Shrink guns
RE-OPENING PLASTIC BAG TIE - August 14, 2002
Qosina is pleased to introduce our new re-opening plastic bag tie. This flexible tie may be used to secure bags and bundles or to organize wires and cables. It is releasable, adjustable and reusable making it more versatile and economical than single-use ties that must be cut and discarded.
The tie features a ribbed surface that is fed through a slot so the ratchet grasps and locks. Once locked, it can be released easily by pulling the ring in the opposite direction. The tie is moulded in polyethylene and measures 18 centimetres long (7 inches). Available in white (999991) and red (999992), it may be implemented as part of a colour-coded system.
Follow the links below to request samples:
- 999991 Sample - Re-opening Plastic Bag Tie, Ratchet with Ring, White
- 999992 Sample - Re-opening Plastic Bag Tie, Ratchet with Ring, Red
Qosina offers a complete line of bag and cable ties in various materials, shapes and sizes for use in industrial, electrical and medical applications.Reference: http://www.qosina.com/newsletter/issue_23.asp